© LaHave Islands Marine Museum Society Web design by Robert Ylkos
Membership Meetings: Aug. 8, Sept. 12, AGM: Oct. 10
Coffee Parties: July 24, August 14.
Fun Day: Aug. 5
Fisherman’s Memorial Service: Aug.11
See our Photo Exhibit by Mary Smith entitled “Images of the Islands”.
Open June 1 to September 1, from 10:00 to 5:00.
Charles Walfield's House on Outer Island. The house was destroyed sometime in the 1930's. The other home that was once on the Island is gone as well.
Middle Island is located between Cabbage Island and Outer Island. It used to home to ten various families. Only four of the homes remain.
Henry “Junior” Walfield’s house
Henry Leonard Walfield’s house
Jim Tumblin’s house
Willard Baker’s house
Janet Baker and her son Ralph’s house
Henry and Mary Ann Walfield’s house
Some of the scenery found on Middle Island.
A pond found on the Island
Cabbage Island once housed two families, both houses are now gone.
Some scenery on Cabbage Island
The Thrum Caps are a small rocky island that has trees growing on them. No one lives there and during periods of high wind, waves will break over the rocks and will often be taller than the trees on the island.
A view between the rocks on the Thrum Caps
A view of the Thrum Caps from a boat